Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pain Killer

I seriously hate being a woman.

There is absolutely nothing awesome about waking up in the middle of the night scared to death of what you'll find on the sheets because you definitely woke up to what felt like someone stabbing you around your waist. Nothing seems to be helping this round, either. I could use some vicodin.




On another note, I am excited to announce that I will be participating in a poetry workshop with published writer, Jericho Brown. My poetry II professor sent out an email saying she selected some of us who she thought would take advantage and do well in a workshop with one of three poets coming to USF to read and I was one of those students. I chose to do Jericho Brown's workshop because we read his book for our class and I enjoyed reading it. I think he's a completely different writer than I am and I could learn from him. So I am sending in one of my poems for him to read and edit, and when he comes in April, he will sit down with me and five other students and tell us what he thinks! I am so honored and nervous about this. I have no idea what poem I'm going to send him and I only have until Monday to figure it out.

This good news is definitely a great distraction from everything else that's going on.


Being back from an amazing trip to Kingston, Jamaica can be a little depressing. I miss being with the team that went, eating together, working together, playing together...it was so encouraging and fun. I journaled every day so when I get the chance I will type out the entries on here so those who care about my thoughts during the trip can check it out. Right now, I'm not feeling well so I don't want to write about something that made me so happy and was such a special trip. I'll wait until I'm back in Tampa (I'm visiting my family right now).


I would like to write about my youngest sister, Danielle. She is EXTRAORDINARY. I am convinced that she could sleep for days if given the opportunity. She went to bed last night before midnight and here it is 12:30pm the next day and she is still OUT. Every time I come home she sleeps in until at least 2:00pm. It's not like she's up until 3-4am, so I don't know how she does it.

On the other hand, Miranda was up with me until at least 2am and she was awake at 7am in order to get to work at Chick Fil A. If I weren't feeling like absolute crap I would drive myself up there and get lunch from her.


I think I'm done writing for now.


Look out for the Jamaica blog! Thanks for reading!

xo Rachel

3 comments:

Katie said...

ive missed reading your blogs! :)

Sarah Orner said...

yay blogs!!!!!!! I'm looking forward to the Jamaica one!!!

Sarah

Gabriela said...

Hey! I miss seeing you, sweet, caring, honest, joyful you. And if you're having problems with recurring nightmares... I can give you some tips. :) Also, natural painkillers. From someone who has migraines periodically.
So you went to Jamaica. I hope it's an experience that continues to bless you.
Love!